PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2006, 09:05
TMJ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phil_R
The two main scenes we've engineered our character into "the itchy blue suit", as one actress put it, are a funeral and going to see a very senior officer, so I'm hoping that's OK - although this thread has already told me that uniform isn't worn at the MOD HQ, so I may have to change the location.
Weddings are another opportunity; you could even get away with her wearing a sword there. Of course for accuracy you'd need the members of the Guard of Honour desperately conferring to remember bits of drill they've not had to do since Cranwell before the kickoff (at least if my experience is any guide)...
Other occassions I've worn 1s:
Battle of Britain Cocktail Party - in the Officers' Mess, all attending Service personnel in 1s.
Remembrance Day parade; if she's alone any Remembrance Day service
An uncommon one was a prizegiving for the Schools' Aerospace Challenge, a nationwide competition the Air Force sponsored and the prizes of which were given out by CAS; probably quite hard to work in!

Other occasions one might wear 1s: Royal garden parties, launch of one of HM's ships, courts martial.