PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Cathay Pacific & Others
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2006, 07:20
Captain_Morgan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Trentino,

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence...! What do you mean the aviation community is competitive..? Ok sorry I had to be a smart-azz for a minute.

But yes I know experience is everything, however, I am going to teach for around a year and I will have around 1700hrs TT & my ATPL when applying, 600-700 Heavy-Multi-T-Prop... I have also considered buying a Seneca II and flying the ba-jesus out of it in my off time, to build Multi-Pic..

Although one thing I must say is that with age comes character and experience and along with that comes a better chance of landing a job. I am 29yrs old currently and honestly I could not imagine interviewing for a pilot position when I was 23..Simply put most 23yr old pilots are just not ready for the big leagues..Well and neither am I yet, based on my current experience. However, I am flying 5 days a week out of Long Beach airport one of the busiest class Delta airports and I routinely fly in Charlie and Bravo airspace, within the Los Angeles basin... So I am getting a very good experience within some of the busiest airspace in the world. And talking to Socal I get to listen and learn all the time...

As for your buddy who did not make the grade, I am sure he is probably a better pilot than I am currently, and most likely a great pilot overall. However, he is a little young which I think these guys really consider, especially when you are American and young, bad combination if you know what I mean. Also if he missed some weather stuff, especially regarding typhoons or monsoons a weather occurrence, which happens quickly and is common in the Pacific Rim, well then yeah I can see why he might not of cut it. But tell him not to give up jump back on the saddle and keep trying..!! Its worth it no..?

Oh thanks for the tip on the book I will definitely pick it up I love to read, and I am trying to divest as much information as I can in order to be as close to the best as I can... But hey we are all pilots here and being perfectionist is in all of our natures..!!

Thanks Again
CPTN_Morgan