PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh My God!!!!!
Thread: Oh My God!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2006, 06:43
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh My God!!!!!

Guys....just seen the news on tv about the 20 people arrested because they were planning to blow up some planes between the UK and the US. Apparently they intended of bringing up material (liquid, they think) inside their hand baggage and make at least 20 aircraft blow up.

The threat level in both UK and US is critical and the UK home secretary said it is suggested that people allow at least 5 hours to clear security.
Hang baggage will have to be checked in with the exception of medicine and a few items for small kids. Clear plastic bags will be distributed. There is more info on this thread in "Rumour and News".

At LHR some flights have been cancelled, at LGW the situation seems slightly better at the moment, however there will be disruptions all day long.
I do not know anything yet about MAN, other UK airports or the US, but more info to come.

Guys...I am with you today, it's going to be a very tough and challenging day, both with the operation itself and with stressed, distressed and angry passengers. Take care of yourselves guys and do not take any c**p from the usual people who do not want to comply with what the airlines/security/airport authorities say.

Good luck xxxxxxx

FBW