PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 22:03
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alooo, still here!

I'm still alive! Struggling to drag myself out of bed each morning, put un a horrid navy tie, shirt and trousers... trudging off to school, feeling more like a guy, and less feminine.. I mean, whats with the tie?!! I used to have a winter skirt, but have somehow misplaced it and can't find it.. at least that piece of uniform used to make me feel slightly better about the school.

BUT... as I and many of my friends keep saying, there are only a few more weeks left, and then its over. Thank goodness! I'll be the first to embrace the end of school with the biggest smile and probably wetest tears of joy! School is a nightmare these days, but thats a different story.

I've been extremely busy with the Census stuff, as well as being bombarded with 4 SACs (School Assessed Coursework- like a class 'test') this week, most had crammed in them like 4 chapters because the teachers were slack in breaking up the chapters and setting them to us in smaller sacs.

My parents left to Fiji last night. I went with my two brother's to see them off at the airport. How exciting it was, being at the international check-ins! It kind of stung with my dad turned around after checking in his luggage and said to me in his language 'see, you could be doing the same job as them', I thought, "its not that easy to get in dad!" But I think he honestly didn't mean to offend, I think he was just trying to give me suggestions, but we didn't continue the conversation because we all scuttled along so the next people could check-in.

My heart sank though as on the way to the car, after seeing my parents off (they insisted we leave and not hang around any longer because it was after midnight and we have school/work the next day), I saw the VB and REX check-ins. My older bro was like 'look, there's that REX company you tried out for!' and he even read the sign that directs you to where the new check-ins have relocated. Once again, I felt uncomfortable, and a loser, a complete loser. My family were so excited for me. I'm glad I only told the family about my interviews, especially since I never made it to medicals/reference checks.

I figure if I get some hospitality experience, and try out again next year, I'll be a year older, closer to 20 and I'll have that customer service experience in the food industry!

I wont be posting much these days, because there's really nothing much to post on my behalf, its like I'm stuck in this time warp, its not moving.

I do however, want to encourage STF to continue posting her daily training notes, they're a great read! And I think most people who follow this thread will agree its fun to follow especially for the training updates Also Hostee, I'm so glad for you!!! Please keep us informed! With STf's reply from VB after the medical, it was quick, so hopefully your days of playing the waiting game will be ovver sooner then expected

Sylphie, hang in there! You and I are due to reapply at about the same time (I'm less then a month after you) to VB. We're gonna have to renew out CPR's soon though..

Have a good day people, I'm off to put on that dreaded uniform... I've estimated I'll have to do it about another 35 times this year, which is good, I can't wait! I feel like having a bonfire in the place where I live, invite my schoolmates and get us to burn the unforms and books together! Wouldn't be too good for the ozone layer however...