PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 19:36
1d2d3d4d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazzy, I really am sorry to learn about your Dad. I paid for my PPL training with my inheritance following my Dad's death, he never knew his son was a pilot. I bet your Dad was really proud of you!

EK4457, If your instructors reckon you are ready you'r ready. It's like your QXC, only you have a passenger. If you would be uncomfortable with the weather for a solo flight don't go. You are the Captain, it's your call. If you drift from height or heading put it right. If you make changes to height, heading ETA tell him and tell him why. If you see other aircraft tell him.

It's a long flight without a break and with general handling at the end you will need to brush up PFL's, EFATO's, slow flight, stalls, steep turns etc if you havn't done any for a while. Plus a few circuits with normal , flapless and glide approaches. It dosn't have to be perfect, just demonstrate that you are safe.

I was really nervous for mine but in hind sight it was because it is the first excersise you do without practicing with an instructor. You'll be fine

Regards Chris