PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 2
Thread: Ryanair - 2
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 19:12
Charlie Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billund is indeed right next to Legoland

I'm surprised that Ryanair don't make more of the fact that Forli (Bologna) is real near both Rimini and San Marino...

The as of yet unbuilt Don Quixote / Ciudad Real airport will undoubtedly be a Ryanair destination if the price is right, but it will not be promoted as a "Madrid South" sort of job, and will not cannibalise any of FR routes from the soon be announced new Madrid base.
It seems Ryanair are not going to adopt a Marseille-like base strategy here in Madrid. You know, launch a couple of routes first to see how they do, and make yourself known to the local population, before launching a base. I bet the Madrid base will be long announced before the first FR Dublin - Madrid flight ever takes off. FR simply know that Madrid is going to be a big winner for them

Aer Lingus route planners must have been very busy today studying the potential impact of FR's latest expansion

I'm still not convinced that the Dublin winter timetable is fully finalised yet... Anyone do a full study of the FR aircraft usage for winter at the Dublin base?