PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The TNT B737 EMA/Birmingham incident thread
Old 9th Aug 2006, 18:12
sikeano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jw411 and the rest
sorry chaps when i learnt my flying in the good old raf we were told any landing you walk out from is a good landing
now jokes apart
sacking two pilots within days without waiting for the accident board to file in thier report and taking a narrow view of the situvation is bit harsh, all we know is hearsay and we assume , at the time and moment the decison taken by those pilots were wrong , i read some one saying go around .now i can say tnt is not raf ,they have a schedule and like any other small budget airline ,i am led to believe they pressurise thier flt crew to burn fuel within a certain range
whilst we have been brave here in moaing about the competencies of the pilots we have not looked into the bigger picture .tnt lost a lot of business they have to repair the plane they have to pay the emergency services and also the airport people ,these guys dont do charity my thoughts was sacking the pilots maybe was too early and not the ideal thing to do at the current climate
i would like to end by saying this, so some of us here are pilots or like to think we are ,and there is nothing worse for a pilot than not flying so i said there is no justice in the world in a ironic way