PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 17:47
Lister Noble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK,
I was very worried before my skills test and managed only a few hours sleep so was really tired before I started.
It is a long test around 2.5 –3hrs and although my navigation section was OK I was absolutely knackered when we got to the flying exercises and only managed a partial pass, thankfully when I re-sat the failed section it was OK second time round.
I wish I had taken a mock exam of the whole skills test, having said that, I never asked and I suppose if I had it would have been allowed?
Anyway wishing you good luck.

Mazzy,
I’m sorry for your distress and know a little how you must feel.
My father died when I was 18,and I still miss him,my mother died when I was around your age so for a lot of my life had no parents to share things with
We had a small engineering business and dad would have been interested in my journey through life, I really missed not sharing my various exploits into sailing, motor racing, now the flying and of course also my career which although agriculture based has also been strongly linked to engineering..
Luckily I have had fantastic friends and partners, and now a good wife who has shared a lot of my pains and pleasures over the years.
I’m afraid I don’t believe in the afterlife but know that we live on through our deeds, so your father will live on for you through his influence on your life.
My best wishes for the future
Lister