PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying with a cold
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 14:47
jennihopkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, here is my advice for getting over a cold as quickly as possible so you dont have to take too much time off work.

Echinacea - you can take up to 6 a day and they help to boost your immune system. I find them very effective in getting rid of colds quicker than usual. As soon as you feel a cold coming on start taking them. Do not take them all year round or you will become immune lol!

Vitamin C and Vitamin E - if you already take a multivitamin in the morning, then take the vitamin C supplement at night as you use up vitamin c during the day. Take vitamin E to help your skin and immune system.

Marshmallow - this can be brought from most health food shops (in holland and barratt its about £9.99) and this helps the mucus membranes. It can make you feel quite phlegmmy (sp?) but will really help your ears when flying either at the start or at the end of a cold.

Lots of water and orange juice and don't stress! hard not to stress when you are having to take time off work for a cold. i'm the same would never usually dream of taking time off work for a cold, but i guess it is different when you are flying. hope this helps!!

Jenni