PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 10:21
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazzy - sorry to hear the sad news.

On the post-PPL front I've carried on learning and looking for opportunities to improve my flying:
- Started IMC training and have five hours under my belt. I'd recommend this to many people as it is a great way to hone your flying skills and improve your safe flying.
- Flown family and friends all over Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
- Spent last weekend circuit bashing (I kid you not). I found I was lacking confidence in some of the basics after doing lots of flying around so hired a machine and did some circuits, slow flying and PFLs.
- And to top it off I'm now learning in helicopters, with 2 hours so far. Now there is a challenge for anyone, hovering is sooooo difficult to master, I'm up to 45 seconds before the thing decides to oscillate wildly and its time to say 'You have control' to the instructor!

Kookabat

Numerous flights over Sydney Harbour for various people. I really really need to find something new to do.
That sounds awesome, but I know what you mean about finding something new to do. Our nearest big landmark is the Humber Bridge with a span of about a mile. It is cool to see it from the air the first time, but after taking everyone for a flight there I'm starting to feel like a tour guide and looking for somewhere else to go.