PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Social life at easyJet?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 05:54
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 171 Likes on 65 Posts
Well if people find the British attitude to work socialization odd then EZY is one of the few airlines that can base you in France, Germany, Italy or (probably soon) Spain if you think those national cultures will suit you better.

Without having worked for a lot of airlines at a lot of bases for a lot of years its very difficult to compare social scenes. As I said, I see no reason why EZY should be worse than anywhere else and there are theories as to why it might be better than some.

I think social life is about two things, time off and forward visibility. With 5 on 4 off, 5 on 3 off you will get 7 days off every 17 days plus you will be free on 12 of those 17 evenings (take a nap in the afternoon). Its just about possible to sustain a regular weekly evening activity like membership of a 5 a side team or an evening class or similar.

Its not ideal but then show me the airline that has perfect rostering and I'll join the queue with you.

There are several airline that you might join in the UK where rosters are produced with maybe 2 weeks notice, with no rostering agreement in place, that have you living in a taxi and out of a suitcase all week. You might not have to fly 880 hrs as you do in EZY but your social/home life will suffer more.

Good luck,