PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Aerodynamics
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2006, 04:17
PantLoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA Exams

It's been years since I took an FAA written exam, but I remember the frustration of goofy questions and less-than-correct answers.

If I recall correctly, it all started around the early seventies, when the U.S. government (in its infinite wisdom) decided to involve PhDs in psychology to help write these written exams. Not so much involvement in the PPL...but, an extreme involvement in the CFI written exam...especially in the 'Fundamentals of Instruction' (or whatever they called it then...whatever they call it now). Needless to say, the questions (and what the FAA called the correct answers) were quite a PantLoad! :> :> :> :>

I also recall writing (on a separate sheet of paper) protests...statements of disagreement...to specific questions and the answer choices. In some cases, believe it or not, the FAA gave me credit for my answers, despite my answers differing from, what they claimed, were the correct responses. (Which told me that the FAA knew the tests were a mess.)

Apparently, things haven't changed much. But, I want to assure everyone, that professional pilots in America are aware of these inaccuracies. It's the FAA...what can you do!?!?!?!?!

PantLoad