PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tayside FIs now wearing stripes
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 20:50
Uncle Ginsters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Professional AND Relaxed

Gents (I think),
It seems that this whole thread is getting a little tangential. The initial post was asking the opinions of Tayside for wearing insignia on their uniform. IMHO (as a current RAF QFI) the teaching of flying goes much deeper than a gold bar. I do have some recent knowledge of Tayside at Fife and they appear to be a thoroughly professional outfit. If i was to walk in there as a Gift-Voucher-first-time-flyer, probably not knowing what to expect, that initial image would instill some confidence in me.

It is then up to the manner and ability of the individual FI to show the relaxed YET professional side of their flying. This, in turn could guide that students entire outlook on flying and, again IMHO, produce a private flyier with a professional outlook for years to come, and probably someone less likely to bong a Red Arrows display, or the like - but that IS another thread!

In sum - It gives a good corporate image that others would do well to follow, without any of the pretentious bravado that seems to be floating around within certain organisations, heaven forbid, EVEN in 25C heat

Uncle G