PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 18:06
LinkLowy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fluffyfan
I have heard this a few times, guys comparing Comm to University, having done both I can assure you a Comm is no where near university level (Engineering or any Maths related field)..........all you need to get a Comm is basic maths and lots of learning....thats it, no magic talent needed.
Why not try Progress flight Academy, Airline Pilots Training Academy (APTRAC)......both in Port Elizabeth, they are both full time live in training institutions and in my opinion will give you what you need at half the price, in fact, I think 43 is overated and overpriced..........shop around, there are also schools in Johannesburg and Cape Town which may interest you, 43 relies on there name alot but unless you are rolling in cash I would not bother with 43. For your information APTRAC is run by a SAA training captain with very nice equipment and standards, if you are interested in an Airline career I would go there.
The only problem with this "captain" is that he won't hesitate to have you put in jail if you piss him off, effectively ending your career in SA before you even started it.
Just so you know