PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Flight 93, What actually happened ? [somewhat edited by JT]
Old 8th Aug 2006, 16:11
Full of Foehn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
Pprune is a controlled and moderated forum - this means that ... unwarranted speculation...are ruthlessly deleted.
This is the Professional Pilots RUMOUR Network is it not? Why were my technically correct responses to SUPERMNN's transponder questions removed? I would hope that when a layman comes to this forum asking questions about aviation, that would we could quash the ridiculous conspiracy crap, that is so prevalent, with straight forward, honest, technically correct answers.

By censoring, and yes it is censorship when posts are removed from this forum, it does nothing but fuel the fire of speculation, especially regarding a topic like this thread. The person that started this thread is not pushing any particular theory on the forum, he simply wanted some answers to questions that seem suspicious to him because he doesn't understand the banal technical aspects of our profession. If after he is empowered with the correct information he still believes his special little conspiracy theory, that's his problem. At least we tried to crush another hairbrained idea at its inception, and who knows, maybe we did. But most likely, he just thinks we have something to hide now.

I too, have had numerous friends, colleagues, and acquaintances killed in flying machines. This does not prevent me from speculating on the circumstances of their death or challenging those who proffer opinions I don't agree with. Stopping a conversation because it insults your sensibilities and you have the power to do so, is nothing but censorship.

Am I banned now?