PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aptitude tests & Pilapt - Merged
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 15:21
FlightDeckDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought Pilapt-Prep last night too, has 5 out of the 7 tests that we do for the CTC assesment. There aren't quite the same as the real tests but were what I expected after reading their website and the posts on this board. There really is no reason why the programs couldn't give you results for all the tests, and why they couldnt have compiled more than one test in to another just like they do on the assesment at CTC however I am sure that would then defeat the purpose of the testing on the day because some people would have an unfair advantage after practising. And its probably a money making scheme anyway because they make the program for Aviation schools and its more than likely that its a condition not to let the same program be available to the public?

However I can already see some improvement which suggests that you could be an excellent pilot even if you failed CTC Phase 2 assesement. I really don't think its just having a natural ability. I also managed to run 2 programs at once so if you want to make things more complex, and improve your multi tasking skills trying doing the decreasing number task at the same time as the flag exercise! Gets quite confusing! Just make sure you time the starts in the right places!!