PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 15:15
atlantique

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are males 'prefered' (I know that for legal reasons either company are unlikely to admit to this!) for some reason? Or is it simply a matter of numbers, and there are many more lads applying than girlies?

Being very careful how i put this! i would say guys are 'prefered' now.. as there have been a few problems in the past with female 'Fugleys'! The numbers game will always come into play with aviation jobs as 90% of applicants are guys. The other problem with the Fugley scheme is that it is geared towards guys with the type of work they do without trying to sound too sexist!! They like to work Fugleys VERY hard and put them under plenty of mental pressure to see if they will succumb, and if they do there are plenty more victims that will try and get through the fickle and ever arduous standards that are set. Equality and sympathetic are not words banded around at AAT, more common are 'get the job done' and 'how can you be tired you've only worked a 51, 90 hour weeks in a row without any days off!' 'Working time directive? that doesn't apply to us!' With Fugley attrition rate standing attrition rate standing at a conservative 70% for the last few years why would any female (or guy) want to try there luck...!!??