PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Flight 93, What actually happened ? [somewhat edited by JT]
Old 8th Aug 2006, 14:27
SUPERMNNN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I'm only a contributor to this particular thread, and not acting as a moderator, but I take exception that comment.

Pprune is a controlled and moderated forum - this means that advertising, unwarranted speculation, inappropriately morbid humour are ruthlessly deleted. Quite right too - bear in mind that you are probably only a neutral spectator in aviation, most of us "professionals" have lost friends and colleagues to it; coming from outside you may not understand the sensitivities of that. Also many of us have worked on fatal accident investigations and are very sensitive to the "proper" conduct and reporting of them.

Thank you G. Yes, I am a neutral spectator in aviation, concerned, however I may not have the same sensitivity of the professionals, but do understand. I apologize if I seemed to be not sensible enough. I believe all my posts are innocently objective with good intentions.

I have never seen constructive, well reasoned discussion censored on Pprune. Moved, re-worded, merged or clarified perhaps, but never censored. I've seen a lot of stuff removed that sorely deserved it, and on one occasion banned somebody for choosing this forum to make sick jokes about a fatal accident - one of the victims of which happened to be a colleague that I'd flown with.

I have been on all kinds of forum since the internet was created, from Fermi lab; we learned how to handle professional discussions, debates disagreements, as such. In fact, the internet forums were started for scientists to exchange ideas and disagreements globally.

I don't think erasing the replies of this thread is the case of "Moved, re-worded, merged or clarified perhaps..." or "... a lot of stuff removed that sorely deserved it, and on one occasion banned somebody for choosing this forum to make sick jokes about a fatal accident - one of the victims of which happened to be a colleague that I'd flown with."

Readers of this thread can be the judge.

The other thing to bear in mind is that this is a professional’s forum; whilst private pilots, spotters, historians, or even just interested passengers are very welcome here, the atmosphere has to be that of professional aviation, not the bar. (Except maybe in the "Jet Blast" forum, where most of the mods won't even go!).

I believe all the questions I asked are tech related to the professional members of this board related to aviation. Some of them were deleted, some were not (anything regarding the transponder signal was removed).

If you have a problem with that, frankly you are in the wrong place.

No I don't have a problem with removing sick jokes, personal insults, dirty words, etc. But if this is a board open to the public, then anybody can raise a valid professional question or opinion. If anyone has problem with that, then he may not belong to a public forum. A private forum may be more appropriate.

Last edited by SUPERMNNN; 8th Aug 2006 at 14:42.