PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Flight 93, What actually happened ? [somewhat edited by JT]
Old 8th Aug 2006, 13:16
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SUPERMNNN
Thank you Gary. Sorry, since this forum is highly sensored (worse than any forum in China), I couldn't explain why (most of the replies to this thread related to "why" was deleted.)
I know I'm only a contributor to this particular thread, and not acting as a moderator, but I take exception that comment.

Pprune is a controlled and moderated forum - this means that advertising, unwarranted speculation, inappropriately morbid humour are ruthlessly deleted. Quite right too - bear in mind that you are probably only a neutral spectator in aviation, most of us "professionals" have lost friends and colleagues to it; coming from outside you may not understand the sensitivites of that. Also many of us have worked on fatal accident investigations and are very sensitive to the "proper" conduct and reporting of them.

I have never seen constructive, well reasoned discussion censored on Pprune. Moved, re-worded, merged or clarified perhaps, but never censored. I've seen a lot of stuff removed that sorely deserved it, and on one occasion banned somebody for choosing this forum to make sick jokes about a fatal accident - one of the victims of which happened to be a colleague that I'd flown with.

The other thing to bear in mind is that this is a professionals forum; whilst private pilots, spotters, historians, or even just interested passengers are very welcome here, the atmosphere has to be that of professional aviation, not the bar. (Except maybe in the "Jet Blast" forum, where most of the mods won't even go!).

If you have a problem with that, frankly you are in the wrong place.

G