PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Social life at easyJet?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 12:53
unablereqnavperf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been at easy for 6 years I can honestly say there is not much social life for pilots. It is impossible to get a short notice change that is outside your roster group so if you want to meet up with someone outside your group you have to take a sick day! I have been involved with the social fund mentioned by previous posters and it does exist. Around £14/head per year. bigger bases tend to put on bigger events as they have more money. Some evets are popular others get cnxd due to lack of interest. This year it has been more difficult to get people out as most are to tired to be bothered.

In the London base's most people live to far appart to arrange get togethers however there are a few people that live near by and do meet up for a drink or two now and again!

Witht the launch of the 5354 roster in the winter things may improve and there does appear to be a new more people friendly management team in place now so again there may be an improvement.

The one thing you will find though is a lot of good folk to work with and very few stuck up types so days at work are quite fun.

However be warned that working for easyjet can very quickly become all consuming and you could find youself dragged in!

I'm just about to leave and do so with very mixed emotions, its hard to leave but i'm looking forward to doing something differant.

If working for a loco airline is your bag then easyjet is the best you'll get! I should know i've been there a long time!