PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kununurra - Feb 07
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 11:14
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
It appears there will be boat loads of people heading to kunners and broome next year. I already know of about 20 people who are keen to get up there, so should be interesting.
Yeah, , say no more. Why oh why do all pilots aspire to head to Kununurra?? Sure there's a few jobs that get given out there, but what's wrong with places like Kakadu, Coober Pedy, Ayers Rock, and countless other places where your competition is very much reduced and a better chance at getting a job exists?? Wouldn't live in half those places without jobs first, but certainly nothing wrong with trying there just as much as Kununurra. That place isn't the be all and end all. 1/2 the people who I know who have lived there, have pissed off to find their first jobs elsewhere because they get sick of working everywhere but the airport.

If you want somewhere to live where you can work in the local servo or pub or Maccy D's, try Broome or Darwin, or somewhere similar. Because let's face it, unless you're loaded or fluke a job straight up, you're gonna be pumping petrol, pouring beers, or flipping burgers until you do, .

I've done the bottom end of GA before, and certainly didn't find my first job in Kununurra. In fact I drove through the place only because it was on the highway between Perth and Darwin, .

Just a tip, not taking shots, but just trying to inform you of all options and idea's.

Cheers

morno