PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 09:08
Pazu888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PPL152
Ok, but initially, how much would you require to pay them? I presume the £100,000 come into play after you get into an airline right?

All I'm interested is how much it will cost from zero, to when I'm placed in an airline... if i have a job... then i'm safe...

You have to pay a bond of £60,000 to CTC. This normally comes from a bank loan. You then pay this back over 7 years once you have full employment with an airline. If you stay with your placement airline (eg. Easy) then you get the extra money on top of your salary to pay it back. If you go somewhere else, you pay it back from your salary.

The foundation course costs £3000-4000, which every cadet has to pay, but you get refunded money (per-hour I think) if you don't need the full-length foundation.

The living expenses (I was told at stage 2) total about £5000.

Both the foundation money and the living expenses money can also be loaned from the bank.

Therefore the only money you need to pay is for stage 2 (£160), travelling between the different selection stages, and possibly a bit when you get back to UK for the latter stages of the course.

Think that's all correct?