PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 04:36
hog tied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ERJDCA
Again, i can only speak of what i hear or know but it sounds like your one of the few who have had a bad experiance here.
You must be fairly new, or you wouldn't be making this statement. I am not advocating going to or waiting for a legacy. Do not misconstrue Delta guys fleeing the ship that is taking their retirements. Very senior DAL captains are applying (and currently on probation at other well known airlines in the US after taking early outs) all over.

I stand by my statements, although to be fair I am done voicing my opinions on this medium. I never said that I have had a bad experience with CX, in fact quite the opposite. The bottom line is that there is no comparison between a good US job and CX, and neither AMR nor DAL fall into that category at the moment, nor will they for quite some time. CAL, SWA, UPS, FEDEX, and yes even JB do (although the growing pains at JB are certainly something to watch I'll grant you) and they all all hiring, and some at historic levels. If you have an option there take it. It has nothing to do with being pat on the back. It also has nothing to do with equipment, or even pay. You have to factor in all the intangibles that make up quality of life, something not easily done without researching things like a company's culture. You can not overestimate the value of having the flexibility of a bidding system among others either.

A job at CX is loads better than flying for a regional, and certainly much better than the good old military. A good attitude will also go a long way. Im not here to rain on your parade, just hoping to make a fair and balanced case for those who have options. Cheers, buddy.

Last edited by hog tied; 8th Aug 2006 at 05:05.