PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 03:45
ERJDCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hog tied
Same as anywhere else. If you have the ability to go to a good N American carrier (Southwest, Jet Blue, even the legacies will hire again someday), do it! CX is not a bad alternative, but anyone who defends the rediculous system here has never seen how a good company and training staff treats its people. .
Hog Tied,

Im not defending any system, or dissagreeing that Cathay runs things a bit different then the U.S. but your advice is to take JetBlue or Legacy over CX? Your kidding right? I have personally gotten PM's from a few Delta guys who are currently employed that are leaving and comming to CX. One AMR guy is in Training now that i know of who was also was currently employed with AMR. I have many friends at JetBlue (9 to be exact) who are now thinking if they are recalled or get another reasonable job offer they will leave. Most people aren't looking for a place to just go, rather spend a career.

If someone has a job offer for FEDEX or UPS waiting for them then i would say absolutely take it! If you are lucky enough to have 3 rec's and a sponsor of course! Or should you wait for the Legacies to call in 5 years? Most of the Airlines this quarter made a profit and now everyone should dive head first into the Legacy's? Again, this place is quite different but if you put a little effort in and leave work at work you should have no issues here. I would highly recommend this place then an American Legacy, let alone a LCC. I'd rather have a job in the next 15 years as opposed to just going somewhere so that the checker is going to spoon feed me and pat me on the back every five minutes so i feel better.

Again, i can only speak of what i hear or know but it sounds like your one of the few who have had a bad experiance here.