PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Social life at easyJet?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 01:53
airbusa330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends firstly on what your cuture/nationality is.If you happen to be outgoing and ''work to live'' than you are in for a shock.My conclusion is that here people ''live to work''.
In the UK there is no such thing as BBQ's or visting dinner parties.Or it might happen rarely.You do not go to people's houses.You will only meet for a few in a pub once in a while and that's it.Unfortunately I have found it impossible to have a social life.Its just the way people are.On my 4 days off I have friends that are non-UK that enjoy life ouside of work instead of DIY(do it yourself, which is what it is even advertised on the radio as and it is called exactly that) weekend idea.Its a fact.I have been in this part of the world for some time and frankly can't wait to get out simply beacuse of that-no life outside of work(the job is great no matter what you read on here).

I disagree with PP on ''it wouldn't matter what they provide as you get so little time off and are so knackered you wouldn't make us of it!''.