PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benefits and training. Student status?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 22:28
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisbl
The ATPL is nowhere near the same level as ACA, CIMA etc. For a start chartered qualifications require a degree level education to start the training.
You don't say! All I said was that it was classed as NVQ5 which means that it doesn't have the same tax relief status and grant funding as other NVQs 1-4. As for difficulty? Depends on your aptitude. I found Chartered Accountancy to be maximum income for minimum effort; my professional aviation exams I find harder; might be something to do with being another 15 years older or that aviation/met/nav/ engineering etc are not as structured as I am used to. Oddly, I find Aviation Law one of the easier subjects!

However, there are no end of posts on here suggesting that, if given the opportunity, a potential ATPL student should do a degree as well. Strictly the entry into Chartered does NOT require a degree but that for competition for jobs, it's best to have one.

Originally Posted by balhambob
Also I got an associate NUS card if anyone cares - this is because the Institute (ICAEW) has an agreement with the NUS
Didn't in my day! Got the square root of diddly-squat!

Cheers

Whirls