PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hot flight
Thread: Hot flight
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 22:06
CATx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was stuck on the tarmac, mid aftrnoon on Rhodes last month with no air con whilst on the ground. It was a bloody nightmare. After nearly 50 minutes with the doors shut the body heat of hundreds of passengers and crew, plus the unforgiving greek sun beating down , it was becoming unbearable . People were becoming panicky and irritiable and the cabin crew were rushing around trying to get cold water into everyone whilst fielding the ever increasing demands from passengers that something needed to be done. After just over an hour someone made the decision to open the doors (not sure why they didnt do this earlier ) the relief was immense as we got some air into the cabin. Anyway I`m concerened now that this may happen to me again, is there anything I can do to avoid this (as once you are in there you really are powerless) Can I ask if the air con is working before boarding and if its not, refuse to get on till the last minute or anything other suggestions? Sorry for rambling on but felt pretty traumatised by the experience and for the well being of my two young boys travelling with me.
Thanks for Listening