PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 16:30
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intergrated

Originally Posted by PPL152
I agree with you Kilo, I'm in the process of trying to accept the new EFIS oriented cockpits...:-)
But, isn't stapleford not approved to do integrated courses? Only FTE, OAT and Cabair are approved for integrated, no? Stapleford seems great... can you also tell me how much it actually cost you there?
There are only a handful of places that do intergrated, and that is beacuse they do inhouse ATPL training. I think there is this new system coming out which is suppopsed to be a cross between intergrated and modular. Dont ask me how it works, but its some CAA thing, so we will see if it ever happens.
Full costs are on the website, i think zero to hero is about £29,000, but as someone who is almost finished here at stapleford, i can tell you, what ever you think it is going to cost, make sure you have AT LEAST 25-30% extra factored in. Realistically, around £33,000 for accomodation, test fees, landing fees, approach fees. Remember, durring your training you will have to pay at least £2000 in exam fees alone!!!

As for thinking that you are more likely to get a job if you do intergrated, to be totally honest, it seems to be more about where you do your MCC than anything else, and at the end of the day, a flying school doesn't get you an interview or a job. how many attempts at passing skills tests, what your CV looks like, and most importantly, not making a total arse of yourself in an interview, thats going to get you a job. If you dont sell yourself, no one else will