PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 15:37
girl friday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC or 'proper airlines'??

19th May 2006, 13:25 #797 Mooney12 vbmenu_register("postmenu_2592046", true);
Over 150 posts! About time I clicked here and ordered a Personal Title.

Well aren't all you 21 year old 757 pilots great!!

I have to disagree though....whats the rush? Go to uni, have a good time, get a degree and then apply to CTC. Thats the best way in my view.

Im 23 now, have a degree (which still may come in useful down the line) and unlike the above people (busz, spaceman18 and boy) Im headed to a proper airline. Im not into any of this flying during the night business you charter boys have to put up with

Bring on the cheeseboards

- I realise that Mooney posted this some time ago, but was just wondering what people's opinions are on this? CTC seems like the best training option to actually get an airline job at the end of it, but does anyone think i/we'd be better off trying to self-fund training at somewhere like oxford (i know, i know, don't shoot me for suggesting it!) and go for a 'proper airline'?

just considering that any successful CTC cadets are pretty much tied in to the company they end up working for for 7 years, i'd be interested in how people weigh up the two options.

p.s. i appreciate that the fact that other training has to be self-funded can steer people towards CTC as the only option, just interested in people's opionions - the original comment seemed to get less response than i would have expected.

girl friday

edited to try and mark what comments are mine and what are Mooney's more clearly!