PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Air
Thread: Freedom Air
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 14:27
GorgeousKiwiGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freedom Air and Air New Zealand have now all but become one hun. So that may be why you aren't getting any replies.

As you no doubt know, Freedom Air (SJ) is a subsidary or Air NZ. But now SJ have taken over all of Air NZs A320 services. The crew are now trained the Air New Zealand way and are basically Air New Zealand now, with the occasional SJ flight thrown in for good measure.

The entire base/operation/crew now come under the umbrella "Zeal 320". So no more solely Freedom ... it's all mixed now. Thus we wear Air NZ uniforms, are trained at the Air NZ training centre, by NZ trainers and have Air NZ badges etc. We just have a SJ contract.

OK, so now to the stuff you wanted to know. The pay rate is approx $25,000 with approx $4.60 an hour TOD (DTA) pay. We are averaging about 5-7 overnights per month at the AKL base, but the CHC base receives a lot more.

We currently overnight in Sydney, Brisbane, Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Palmerston North, Hamilton and Auckland (depending on where you are based). We are also going to be starting Rarotonga overnights in the near future. For BNE and SYD overnights we receive cash allowances. The SYD overnight is popular as the allowances are rather generous.

Zeal 320 flies to Sydney, Melbourne, Coolangatta, Brisbane, Cairns, Adelaide, Tonga, Samoa, New Caledonia, Fiji, Vanuatu (coming soon), and Norfolk Island.

I hope I have managed to answer some of your questions for you - if you have any more - just let me know.

Last edited by GorgeousKiwiGal; 22nd Aug 2006 at 08:12.