PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Bog' standard Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 12:39
10secondsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carr 30

Quote "I appreciate that 10secondsurvey values his life, but who has died?"

So someone has to die first then?

My opinion is not based on friends or rumour, but repeated reports in both television, Newspapers and official court reports (they can't all be wrong) regarding the way in which Ryanair behave. I have also seen interviews with MOL himself, where he displays nothing but contempt for his passengers and regulatory authorities in a very cavalier way. I therefore choose not to use the services of such an airline, just like I would choose not to use a plumber or decorator or any other service company, where the person in overall charge had such an attitude, and expressed it repeatedly in public.

It's called freedom of choice, and if I choose not to fly with an airline because I don't like the colour of it's seats or for any other whimsical reason, it is my choice, and I don't need to justify it to anyone, and especially not to Ryanair employees.

A simple fact of service industries is that invariably potential clients will often assess your suitability on everything but the service you provide.

Let me give you an example, would you put you life savings in a Bank that operated from a tin garden shed in a railway siding? would you even consider it? probably not, BUT you have no idea if they have the best operations and security of any bank in the world or not. Even if they said they did would you believe them? It's like a drunk lying in the street telling you they are professor of Medicine in a Medical School. Very hard to believe or to put it another way, lacking credibility.

So for a person to decide against an airline even if they had not flown with it, is perfectly legitimate, and exactly fits with the way in which most people decide on service providers. This is a fundamental aspect of most businesses who provide a service, not just aviation. It may seem unfair to you, but that unfortunately is reality.

Perhaps this discussion would not be needed if Ryanair made the slightest effort to enhance it's reputation, as most other airlines do - but I don't think that fits with the MOL business mantra.