PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 7th Aug 2006, 11:29
bjkeates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mar1234
as for looing around pprune, i have found alot of usful information, just seeing as though im living in new zealand wether it would have any affect on aplications. etc
If you're thinking of applying to CTC Wings, bear in mind that the selection phases 2, 3 and 4 are carried out at Bournemouth and Dibden. So if you live in New Zealand, you're going to have to go to the UK at your own expense to attend the selection days.

With regards to your question on how to "approach these companies", I'm sure during the course of your research you'll have come across their websites. Information on how to apply is always on them.

Most FTOs which specify A-levels as a requirement mean just that - full A-levels. Not AS-levels. An AS-level is nowhere near as demanding as the full A-level; in the vast majority of cases, the A2 stage is much more advanced. If you got your AS-levels in the UK, then it's unlikely that they'd be satisfactory to such FTOs. Most, however, are prepared to accept equivalent qualifications, so if your AS-levels are from New Zealand (I don't know how the education system works over here or if A/AS levels even exist) it might be worth checking with the school.

Also, without trying to sound rude, before you even start to apply to any sort of scheme, I suggest you try very hard to brush up on your written English. To put it bluntly, you won't get very far with that kind of spelling and grammar on an application form.