PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair / other Low cost Turnover
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 09:32
Stan Woolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloue

Oh I'm sorry.

I only THINK I'm better off when I'm actually not, thanks for keeping me straight. Want to see my p60's? Want to see my rosters?

I accept that I am possibly in the minority but I'm telling it straight from my viewpoint. An INFORMED FIRST HAND viewpoint! Six years at Easy BTW.

That is why I object to NSF posts.I have NO problem with a Ryanair pilot being pissed off and telling everyone about it, plenty do.

Terms may be the same in Easyjet but as with most airlines conditions can vary greatly with type and base, rank etc.They also vary over time so a pilot who thinks everything is great could easily be looking for another job in six months. Same with Ryanair.

I don't like Ryanairs approach to many things but from a selfish point of view I am pretty much left alone to fly very well maintained new a/c. My rosters, although hard work some weeks get changed very occasionally and normally for reasons that are obvious.I take home over 5k a month on average.The line operation is to a good standard and I carry the same fuel I did at easyjet.(Comparing with a number of well respected former employers including Britannia)For me the most important aspect is that I see my family every day- even if it is for a relatively short while.

That having been said I take each day at a time here and I have the experience and type ratings to move quite easily if needs be. BTW the 5/4 has been brilliant thanks and if the company decide for whatever reasons to change my lifestyle I'll consider my options- simple as that!

Selfish perhaps but that's the bed we pilots have made for ourselves and anyone thinking otherwise is simply deluded.