PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Cargo to replace MD11F
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 02:06
11Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR2 wrote: "Since we're on the subject of equipment.... anyone notice that no freight carriers have ordered the A380F?

With all due respect, reviewing the Airbus "Orders and Deliveries" sheet at Airbus, and excluding FedEx and UPS, International Lease and Finance Company (even though they are not themselves a freight carrier) ordered 5 of the A380F variants, and although it is not clear where they will ultimately be placed, I would lean towards someone other than Memphis or Louisville.

Looking back, in my limited experience, a number of different models of aircraft from McDonnell Douglas, Airbus, Boeing, and others, it seems to me that the passenger version was in service for varying periods of time before a freighter version came into fruition. Perhaps that is the case once again. I expect that there is certainly is a need for such an aircraft, and perhaps those who make those decisions will do so, at a time that is prudent for their operation.

If you build it, they will come.

Here's the .url for the sheet, but you may need to tunnel your way into it if it doesn't work. Didn't for me until I posted it here.

http://www.airbus.com/odxml/orders_and_deliveries.xls

11Fan

Edit comment. had to fix the link.