PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2006, 19:52
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cea Rates

HPT Yes they are.

I went in this afternoon as I never seem to get time during the week without someone interrupting. I have 3 to claim for, so thought i would allow some time for it.

Anyway, I was faced with the usual JPA crap - statements that I am not entitled as I don't meet the mobility or accompanied status requirements (both of which I had to request to be considered for a waiver on the grounds that the info in the system was bolleaux) and another statement that No 1 son is too old for the school he is attending - to which I suggested I would be happy to get the Senior Rate, even though he is still officially classified as attending a Junior/middle school.

Anyway, back to the rates - the Chief Clerk told everyone at my unit to wait until after 1 Aug 06 before applying for CEA, so as to ensure we received the new rates. Sorry, I only know the 2 I qualify for as follows:
Junior Boarding Was - £3496 - Is now £3695 per child per term
Senior Boarding Was - £4557 - Is now £4872 per child per term
At the point that you put the details in, it tells you what the ceiling rate is.

My understanding was that these rates were based on the average cost of the top 10(?) most popular schools to which those in receipt of CEA send their kids, but everyone I know says that the school fees are increasing by around 10% each year, whereas this year's CEA has risen by about 6% and 7% (last year's was considerably less if memory serves).

I still don't understand the logic behind the school children's visits travel claim rules.

I hope this was helpful.

STH