PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benefits and training. Student status?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2006, 12:44
planecrazy.eu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can grab a handfull at my current college too, i dont know what will come of it but when they email me back i will post it. I guess we are not entitled to an NUS card, but we should be, CIMA and CIM students get them if they study at work, home, college or uni and i would put the ATPL on a par with those courses. Could do what some one said above, set one up myself, i think a few more people would need to be interested in such a scheme for that to take-off, i dont think discount clubs, unions are hard to establish as such, but they need participants.

Is there discount schemes for pilots in the UK or the world even? I know alot of other industrys have discount schemes, like the nurses one, not all nurses work for the NHS or are employed by the NHS, there is private, etc. And they have a discount scheme, well locally they do as my partner is in it, and its not a staff discount thing as all nurses are entitled to it no matter who employs them.

I an surprised RAeS or AOPA or GAPAN or Etc, have not got some scheme in place. RAeS have a student wing i think too.