PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2006, 06:44
distracted cockroach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,
I was one of the locked out Ansett NZ pilots, and it is an admirable thing that you did by declining a lucrative contract offered by an increasingly desperate company. From my colleagues and I....thank-you. I know many who did likewise, and some of their situations were such that the offered job would have been extremely tempting.
To the "dirty dozen" who did accept jobs during that period, the actions of those who chose not to, makes your actions even more despicable. I guess it emphasises the selfishness of those who epitimise the "s" word, in one of the only recent disputes where the term can be accurately used.
Whilst I am the first to admit fault on behalf of both the pilots and the company, outsiders should have stayed outside!
I am extremely disappointed that members or staff of "my" union acted in an unprofessional manner towards those who had the courtesy to enquire as to the situation when offered contracts. Hopefully we have progressed beyond such actions and as one of the pilots represented at the time, I apologise if my representatives caused offence.
I make no apology, however, for any actions towards the "dirty dozen". Their actions are indefenceable and I would like to think they are made to regret it for the rest of their carreers. Yes, I guess that sounds bitter and twisted, but I don't let it affect my life. Am I "over it".?...yeah, I've moved on and am happy with my position, and more importantly, I have no regrets....but I will NEVER have a beer and talk about the old times with one of those S...s