PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2006, 02:33
slamer.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raw Data
People who act like that have no place in professional aviation/ you really don't have the moral character to be in charge of an aircraft...
You seem to suggest un-professionalism is a Union based phenomenon.

Interesting .... I have witnessed some of the most un-proffessional behaviour from non-Union types (High speed crz when not required, allowance claims when not entitled, extending duties based soley on additional payments, industrial discussions at inappropriate times, shocking conduct with the Flight attendants) ........... and so on.

And I'm not sure why!..... they certainly "talk the company talk" but they often dont "walk the talk" (not that managment would ever witness this) maybe they are attempting to re-empower themselves, what-ever .... there seems to be a culture of " getting one over" the company and their collegues buy not being seen to "make waves" or "standout".... does this make them ideal employees??

The frustrating thing is they garner grace and favor for this (in my opinion) un-proffesional conduct, and worst of all benefit from Union negotiations they havent contributed to and often tried to undermine ...........

Maybe we need to talk to their Mother's !!!!!!

On the other hand, Union members seem more inclined to "play by the rules"

As for the "S" word......... "Sycophant"............