PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2006, 00:27
Wilders85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In reply to stillagoodguy.

I accept your comments and welcome the info you have provided. I know that some local Police authorities welcome ex RAFP at the age of 40, Some even go to age 45 where specific skills are available. However, what I was trying to point out, probably very badly, was that in my experience most RAFP WO were usually in the trade for the full term. That is to age 55. I personally do not know of any that left the RAF with WO rank at the age of 40 years. But as previously stated I have been out of the system for 20 years and things do change.

QFIhawkman. In some ways I do agree with your comments about letting this thread die. However I am in favour of free speech, regardless of the potential animosity and aggravation caused by the postings. But I would suggest that readers of the forum judge each posting by its content, prose and at times the obvious influence of intoxicants and decide on their response accordingly. And do not take things too seriously….!!!!

Ultimately, accept that on this forum personal opinions can be aired freely. Individuals will elaborate on personal experiences to make them more tantalising to readers (After all the title of this thread is Why Nobody Likes The RAF Police) and posters have expressed their dislike for my trade quite vociferously and at times legitimately. Also some of the so called RAFP respondents have, In my opinion, conducted themselves in a less than professional manner and have only confirmed the negative postings made against the trade.

As for the rest well, What can I say. I find this forum amusing and at times informative. I try to filter out the venomous responses, treat the tongue in cheek responses for what they are and accept the constructive criticisms made. I wish others could make the same constructive judgements without reacting OTT. I for one would not wish for this thread to die. Constructive criticism is the way forward. Destructive criticism is barrier to all concerned.

In my last few posts I have probably upset a few of my ex colleagues but I do feel a sense of reality is required. Yet again I have let myself open to abuse from both trade and others.

Regards as always.