PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilots
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2006, 22:36
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by suasdaguna
i just have to pick you up here.....the current rostering is appalling...lates rammed into earlies....split days and no life style. We are running out of hours and it is creaking at the seams re continuity.
Hence the need for more pilots. I for one would love to fly for Aer Lingus. It was THE job to get for my generation in Ireland. I too want to wear the shamrock wings, buy a house in Malahide and join the yacht club. Sigh

The trouble is my name isn't Feargal, Connor, Grainne or some other Irish middle class name and I never could get my tongue round the mid atlantic Hiberno English that all EI pilots seem to use.

Ok I exaggerate and I know it's not all rosy in the walled garden. But I think that reputation in itself will attract applicants not least from Irish ex-pats working abroad right now. It certainly will attract my application but I feel I have more chance of winning the lotto.

Aer Lingus I think still has remnants of the old glamour that was attached to airlines like Pan Am. (Probably not a good example, I know). Aer Lingus was a great company to work for once.