PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2006, 22:15
amber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ambulance Charlie Alpha

Sorry to say that since you left Logi things have got much worse, longer duty hours, less days off or standby. Flying is still great but quality of life almost down to zero. The new scheme has just been introduced and I can confirm that it is a non refundable 13.5k and then 6k for circuits and line training over 3 years. Sad that they have gone this way.

Bantermanter

Get your facts straight. I find it hard to believe that you know guys who have been trainers at Loganair for a long time, most of the trainers are very recent appointments and the longer term trainers have either already left or will have gone by the end of the year. Three very good trainers are leaving this month alone. the total number of trainers who will have left in this year will be in excess of 75% of the training staff. For the most part the training staff are all on minimum rest, maximum roster disruption and constant training. Hardly surprising that they have had enough and are looking for pastures new. With very few exceptions the training staff will consist of trainers with about twelve months of comercial line training experience. Three of the companies five TRE's will have left by the end of the year, fed up with the long periods of time in Sweden.

Loganair is a great company, with the best flying you will ever get, but if they keep going in their present direction with regard to the way they work their crews, they will be stuck with the first timers who have no other choice but to pay for a TR and are only marking time to get out and get a REAL job. Their views not mine.