PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2006, 16:50
Ambulance 'Charlie Alpha'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

OSOP

I certainly don't agree with schemes whereby you pay outright with no payback from the company. I have not and will not defend that approach. If I am 'in the past' with that information then I stand corrected. And if that is the way Loganair have gone from the previous system, then I am sure it will bite them in the ass eventually, especially as the SAAB340 is becoming obselete within the UK and Western Europe.

I don't however agree with the fact that everyone wants a shiney jet job. Sure the majority do, but I know many people who would happily stay with someone like Loganair, flying the highlands and Islands until they retire. Wanabees aren't all 21 year olds with the world at their feet, and Loganair have certainly taken on some of our more mature brethren over the last year or so.

With all that said, I'm still not going to bow to the 'don't pay for it' stance. Needs must and in my case my early career choices were made on the fact that I was rapidly running out of ready cash and food. Amazing though that a bank would still agree to lend you thousands in that situation isn't it!? Maybe that's where the problem lies? If the banks didn't readily lend the money for these courses to already indebted people, would we actually be having this conversation? Thread creep I know, but still an interesting topic.

ACA