PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2006, 16:37
BusyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FCUX
And you never will.
Wasn't it one of your by the book senior Checkers who did that no-hands go around in HKG not too long ago? Just goes to show that you can know how to build a plane and quote the books all day long, but you can only impress SO's with that knowledge. Flying the plane safely should be the focus, not how you sound.
If your knowledge of SOP's is as good as your knowledge of incidents you won't be with us much longer!!

The truth is that the vast majority of C & T's are excellent with a few that are not so good (just like any major airline). The main problem in CX is limited to one or two senior management (soon to be gone) that overrule the C & T's.

As for all this BS about RT my personal judgement is that if an individual has to make the same call 3 times to pass his message and someone else can do it in one there is a problem. In my experience this is not limited to one nationality, in the last month I have flown with 4 different nationalities who can't pass a straightforward position report.

CX operates to a pretty good standard and the C & T's maintain that. No-one who's prepared to do the work will fail in the long run. What applicants should be worried about is the fact that contracts in CX are changed as often as the management change their underwear.