PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2006, 15:02
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ambulance 'Charlie Alpha'
I hate to sound patronising, but that is the way things are, which is why it will never go back to the good old days in terms of recruitment. Sorry.
If you hate to sound patronising then dont make the comment. You are making the comment from the position of having 'been there done that, got the teaspoon! etc etc' so its a little off for you to criticise those that dont rightfully want to fork out for the TR in favour of accepting a proper training bond.

People now days are coming out with a 100k loan to pay back before they consider getting a mortgage so being responsible for feeding the family is one thing but people who irresponsibly take on more debt than they should are setting themselves up to be state funded when they retire. How is that being responsible in todays user pays society? Unfortunately, as you are probably going to be in the higher tax brackets of the future, you will probably have to pay more for their social and state care and dont be suprised it some of them are ex loganair pilots of tomorrow.

I heard on the radio that 100,000 people will go bankrupt this year. I bet there will be a few pilots amongst those and it is schemes like the new Loganair scheme that are part of the cause.

OSOP