PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAN power cuts 4/5/2001
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2001, 03:21
niteflite01

Our gear went over onto stand-by power, handsets and everything else almost straight away (I think there was actually a gap of about 10 seconds between the power being cut and lights on again, siganlled by a large and rather worrying "click").

The groan from the ops room must have been audible miles away when the lights flickered

My break was extremely well timed

Thanks once again for your kind words - I shall make sure those "on watch" are fully aware of your appreciative comments.

Nice to know someone notices us when we do good

On my break I walked throughout the terminals and along the walkway to T2 past the railway station - which had full power with no problems. Rather strange considering I heard the "JCB by the railway station" story too?

In the bits of the terminal I went through the staff seemed to be doing really well - the shops in T1 were closed especially quickly.

Ahhh for a window eh?

I'm not aware of the AMM aircraft problems - "fuel leaks" you say? Hmmmmmm. I didn't hear anything of this when I returned to work. Any more details - just to satisfy my curiosity?

Apron Control - not ATC - are responsible for allocation and jiggery pokery with stands by the way.

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

[This message has been edited by niteflite01 (edited 05 May 2001).]