PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgrace
Thread: Disgrace
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2006, 10:54
Ingwe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. As someone who still lives in Zimbabwe I'm disgusted at the lack of pressure coming not only from those same protesters but also from the rest of Africa. If South Africa can be banned from world sport for their Apartheid policies, why can't Zimbabwe be banned for their racial policies not just black vs. white but also for the genocide committed by Mugabe in the 80's? Why? 1/ because they couldn't care less either way and 2/ because then that'd be racist!!

What I find even worse is the rest of Africa's silence. Zambia has gained the most from Zimbabwe's demise especially in the agriculture sector. Tanzania, Botswana, Mozambique, Uganda and surprisingly Nigeria have also got a lot of our farmers (East Africa and Bots have got the majority of our highly trained and VERY profession Guides and Hunters) so their silence one can understand (just look at how well Zambia's doing!!) but the worst is south Africa. It was pressure from the west on the then apartheid government that forced Smith to the negotiation table and pressure from south africa now can force the issue again but we have "quite diplomacy" which as far as I can see is thabo's excuse to the west that "look you can't see it but really I’m doing F.A."

My suggestion? If you want aid you make the effort. Show us that you are worthy of help and we will help. Show us you actually want to make a difference for your people. It will never happen though as the same protesters will throw some useless concert telling the world how bad things are and then give the money to the very people who are causing the problem!! well done liberal w*&&*kers you've just made it worse!!

Just my 2cents (Zim cents) worth. thanks for reading!