PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 18:42
Handover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes once again it returns to the lack of vision and courage on the part of the Government. As you say, i think that any chance of a hub in Dublin is gone as it it would take to long to bring the infrastructure to a sufficient standard let alone to change the lethargic mindset of our beloved leaders.

Shannon has shown it can stand on its own two feet. Ryanair seem pleased in general, albeit that the yields are lower than hoped for. There is an additional aircraft being based there from October and another anticipated from March. It was indeed an interesting site to look out at the ramp this morning and see American Airlines, Continental, US Airlines and Delta aircraft parked without an Aer Lingus aircraft in sight. Perhaps a sign of things to come. Even so from what i hear the North American airlines were very happy with Shannon this year. I was surprised that the American Boston flight was being discontinued as by all accounts there was talk of another direct Shannon service on the cards. Who knows maybe they may be considering a certain other Irish international airport with a spanking new airbridge!