PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Upper Class
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 17:08
warkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gpik
In fairness, some points you mention re the snooze pack are valid, however, the pillow flat? are you havin a laugh? its twice as thick as the one that I use at home to sleep on, the old red pillow would maybe of added about a cm of height onto it. So in my opinion no need. Its all about personal taste I suppose, as regards to the champagne, again this is probably due to personal taste aswell.

Manchester at the moment with 14 J seats a day, 28 on busy days doesnt really justify spending millions of pounds on a Clubhouse. VS are commmited to increasing leisure routes out of MAN and LGW. Maybe when the pax numbers justify a lounge of sorts then Im sure Vs will get one.

Nova entertainment..I agree whilst no where near as good as V-port, still offers passengers a good selection of films and T.V programmes, on routes that If they flew on other airlines they wouldnt get.

Im the first to admit that I may be a bit biased with my comments, I am proud to work for VS and am proud of the product that we offer.

We must be doing something right tho, we continue to gain corporate accounts, continue to have good load factors in J, continue to make profits in a dodgy marketplace. Increasing frequencies on routes where we compete with these all J class operators...NYC up to 6 flights a day. HKG going up to double daily from next year. Cant be doing to badly..
GPik, its my understanding form the news that ALL scheduled airlines have seen an increase in pax loads. Hasn't AA juts said their loads have increased to 87%?

the Nova IFE whilst being more err "Stable" than V-Port has been overthaken by most of the transatlantic airlines and most of them are also introducing flat beds these days.
last time I was on board, my IFE would not stay where you put it, just kept floating around, the cover was coming off and was showing sever signs of wear as did the whole UCS. At least my UCS worked, poor CC having to struggle with two other seats to get them to work. Good job the skirts are as long as they are the contortions the CC were having to get into to get the seat to work!
Even you will accept that quite a few passengers in J complain about the quality of the food served by VS compared to BA, AA, CO and many others.