PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 3
Thread: CORK - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 16:55
aidanf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got to see the inside of the terminal yesterday afternoon. Having admired the outside for so many months, it was with great anticipation that I walked (the litter-strewn) journey from the new multi-storey car park down the terminal.

This is something I really wanted to like, so it kills me to say this, but I was really underwhelmed. I concur that the quality of the finishes is superb but it's really all very .... well ..... functional! Nothing 'wow' or 'quirky', or even particularly original - it could be any of a number of dozen other airports I've seen these past few years. Arrivals to yer right, departures to yer left, up them steps to food, beer, departure gates etc. All very 'predictable' ... even though I had 'predicted' something far more exciting.

Yes, it's a feckin airport and it has to be functional first and foremost, but for what was spent, it left me a little cold. Is this really the best we could have done? (... and don't get me started on those shaggin CRT screens again!)