PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 3
Thread: CORK - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 15:57
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedad, was not expecting the N25 flyover to open until October! This is very good news and should help to relieve the congestion at the horrid Magic roundabout and help cut down the amount of road traffic accidents. As bad as negotiating that roundabout is in a car taking it on a motorcycle has scared the bejaychus out of me so many times I have at last given it up and use what few alternatives there are get to and from the field.

Does anyone know what the intention is with Stand 6T? Apart from 737-500, A319 & ATR parking is there a plan to lay down more concrete anywhere near where the steel concrete supports are still exposed? Also, the old baggage hall is now just a shell and if that is to be knocked shortly and more concrete is put down will Stand 6T then be able to take aircraft up to A320 and 737-800 size?

It was good to see Cork Airport's new boss man, Mr Pat Keohane, taking such a hands on interest at the new terminal last night. He was on site for some hours taking in all the goings on both landside, airside and on the forecourt area. Mr Keohane is to be commended highly for this approach to the job. His presence there helped to keep the staff on their toes be it in a kind way!

I am still gathering my thoughts on my first review of the new terminal last night. Suffice to say for now that the airside area is only magnificent in it's aspect of length and height. Yes, it is not very wide but the sheer length of the area and the feeling of space it creates it is hard to beat. The terminal has an undoubtedly first class finish and in terms of public buildings it has got to be in every way the pride of Cork.